The Accademia Ligustica di Belle Arti was established in Genoa in 1751, prompted by a group of Genoese artists and aristocrats gathered around Marquess Gio. Francesco Doria, and since 1831 its headquarters have been in the elegant neoclassical building designed by civic architect Carlo Barabino.
The creation of a “Gallery of paintings of the Genoese school” having an educational function dates back to the early nineteenth century and is connected, in particular, with the work of Marquess Marcello Durazzo, who at the time was the Secretary of the organization. Throughout the 19th century and until the middle of the 20th, the artistic assets of the Accademia Ligustica grew considerably thanks to legacies, donations and shrewd purchasing. Exclusive catering to Capurro Ricevimenti.
Exclusive catering: Capurro Ricevimenti.
Maximum capacity for conferences: 120 pax
Maximum capacity for receptions: 500 pax